Friday, April 9, 2010

Sleep, what's that?

I haven't had as much time to blog as I had hoped. Lane is not quite as content as Dutch was as a baby. In fact, she can be down right scary at times! We have been trying to figure out why our little peanut is not happy most of the time. She cries on and off for a good portion of the day. I told my mother - as bad as this may sound - that my goal is just to keep her sleeping most of the day/night. Although I would love to "bond", talk to her, make faces, etc. the truth of the matter is, if she is awake and not eating, she is not happy. The doctor seems to think that she may have a food allergy of some sort that is coming through my breast milk. His advice - to alter my diet. I cannot have any dairy (if you know me well, you know I HATE this part!), peanuts, eggs or shell fish until we can narrow down what, if any food, is causing her to be fussy. He also has given us Zantac as well as a soy based formula for us to try. I am hoping, with all fingers & toes crossed, that this works and we can fix the issue. I hate that she is so upset and that we have no idea what's wrong with her or what to do to make her happy. We do A LOT of bouncing, rocking, patting and burping until she falls asleep. She eats every 3-4 hours and can stretch her sleeping at night to almost 4 hours. Of course, our feeding and burping routine to get her stomach just right takes almost and hour, so I am not getting much sleep these days. I'll keep everyone updated as to how she does this week with all the new changes.

I am finding that Dutch, even his "terrible two" stage, can be easier than Lane at times. He loves holding his sister and if you give him the opportunity to do so, don't expect to get her back with out a fight! It's super cute - until he gets a little too excited and pats her a little too hard! He has enjoyed this warm weather we've been having by going to the park, playing with his new water table or swinging in the backyard. I am hoping this warm pattern continues. He gets so much of his energy out when he can get out of the house and play.

Just watching a show, holding his "baby"

Last cold days - lake with Daddy





At the park, sliding


No comments: