Thursday, January 20, 2011

Routine, please come back...

So, to say that I was glad that my kids (well, mainly Dutch) were back to their regular schedule of going to school each morning is such an understatement. While I was glad to be home with them, enjoying the snow and being lazy with them for the last 10 days or so, I was incredibly happy to send them off on Tuesday to Jade's house. I have been trying to get my house in order every since the holidays really and having them both home, it is nearly impossible to keep my house clean.

In the last two weeks, Dutch has managed to write all over my duvet cover with a red PERMANENT marker, he put the cat in the toilet yesterday - only to have it freak out and get water all over the walls and floor in an attempt to get out of the commode, he also put the cat in the bathtub with ME while I was in their relaxing one afternoon. Obviously, we all know cats hate water so he freaked out and placed his claws in my arms, legs, etc. It was a wonderful experience. I have now witnessed twice him in the laundry room sink, with the sink on and the sink hose OUT of the sink - either hosing down Bella or just this past Monday - Lane. Lane thought it was great, she was completely soaked and was playing in it as if nothing was wrong. I have to find some humor in it or else it would drive me mad. There are lists of other things - throwing a paci in the toilet after going potty in it and before flushing - twice now, emptying each box of cheez its on the floor as well as Lane's formula, writing on the wall with a pencil, among other things.

I love him dearly, but when will he stop being so mischievous? You all are probably wondering where I was when all this was happening. Well, I could have been folding laundry, tending to Lane, in the restroom, cooking dinner, taking the trash out, etc. That's how quickly these things occur and how often. He definitely knows how to get my undivided attention! I'm glad to see that this week, he is taking his energy out at school and playing lots outside now that the weather is nicer.


1 comment:

marylanierd said...

You know...as I was reading I never once thought about where you were! I was just thinking...Oh, the joys of little boys! :) They are so stinking FAST! Glad you can find the humor in it all! We have to laugh to keep from crying!