Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Back to School

I am so happy to be back to a routine and have the kids back in school. They went for their first day today and I am proud to say there were no tears.

Dutch was ready to go back- a few days ago, he saw an old picture of his class from last year that I had just taken off our fridge. I figured it was time to retire it to make way for his new class. When he saw it, he named them all and said "Those are all my friends. I miss them." It was really cute - and so, today, he got to see all of those old friends and some of which he is in a class with this year too.

Lane started in a new and bigger class this year. I thought she would give me a hard time this morning, but to my surprise as I put her down she walked over to where her "friends" were playing and only looked back for a second. She will be there three days - the same as Dutch - and they will both go to P.E. and music this year.

I hope they both have a GREAT year!

Kids on their first day!

This one was sent to me by Dutch's teacher - taken at school

No comments: