Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tell Me Lies, Tell Me Sweet Little Lies

Yesterday Dutch came home from school with all sorts of stories...

First, he told me that a girl in his class was put into time out and she cried and cried. The reason she was put into time out is because she hit the teacher (probably not true) and told the teacher NO! Then, the lies (probably shouldn't call them lies - as they are "stories") really started - the teachers started hitting each other and one of them was crying. He said it was a very loud, mean day! I know this not to be true - I mean, really, the teachers crying and hitting each other! I couldn't help but think to myself - "And here we go!". Children have the most amazing imaginations and skewed vision of how things actually go down that you just cannot help but love their outrageous stories!

This morning, I asked him how he slept and if he dreamt about anything. His response - "I dreamt about you, mama! I always do!" - just melts my heart! Who cares if he really doesn't dream about me or that he probably has no idea what a dream is at this point and more than likely cannot remember them!


No comments: