Tuesday, April 5, 2011

What's on my mind?

The name of this post is exactly what it will be...just a some random thoughts that I felt like writing about today.

I love that the weather is slowly changing - you really can't beat springtime in SC! With this time of year comes weddings, parties and vacations and I am really excited about all three of those! We will be hosting two baby showers this month for some wonderful friends of ours. We will also be heading to the lake a few times to soak up some sun in the coming weeks as well as celebrating our five year anniversary (has it already been five years - woah!). Not sure exactly what we will do for that, but hopefully it involves something fun and kid-free! April is also a big month full of birthdays! I turned the big 3-0 last week and both my grandmother and nephew will have birthdays later in the month - as well as some friends of ours.

We are also looking forward to heading to Moab for Meghan and Jed's wedding (DJ's sister) in June. Neither one of us has visited the area before so DJ is going to make a long 10 days or so out there to explore and I will be staying with the kids until it is my turn to fly out mid-week. Should be a fun time and a fun wedding! Towards the end of the summer, we will be going to Litchfield for a week with my family. Lots to look forward to!

On a kid note, Dutch is staying busy at school, learning all about his colors and shapes. He loves school and really enjoys being around his friends. He talks so much these days that we joke that he just likes hearing himself sometimes! He will be three in May - hard to believe! Lane is also a busy bee! She is walking so much now and has started talking more too! Just this weekend, she started saying 'Dutch", "juice" and "bye-bye". I was just telling DJ that this is one of my favorite times as a parent. I love that I can actually have a conversation with my soon-to-be three year old and I love that Lane is beginning that stage too - even with her 8 or so words :)

No comments: